Sunday, April 29, 2007

Touch Your Toes

Greetings readers. I'm doing my best to get back on a regualr posting schedule :) Not much new here, just trying to live life. The weather is über warm...and I hate it! LOL! I know what a weirdo. What can I say, I am a winter baby.

I feel like I haven't blogged about new music in forever. One of my favorite new releases is from DJ Armand Van Helden.



It's called Ghettoblaster and is described by Armand as being a retro 1985-1989 album! There are hits of old house, freestyle, new wave, etc. I'm in heaven. Check out the vide for Touch Your Toes:



One of my faves of all-time is finally back w/ a new album, Marta Sánchez releases her best album since 1995's Mi Mundo, entitled Miss Sanchez



It's a fagtastic dance album (save a few boring ballads). I have no idea when it's coming out in the US or Mexico for that matter. A friend of mine from Spain is getting me a copy...and I can't wait!!! Check out this mini promo video where Marta talks about the album.



This album was produced by Carlos Jean (I guess there is hope for him after those atrocious Fey albums) and even features a duet w/ Alaska!!! Check out the first single which features a sample of Just Can't Get Enough by Depeche Mode:




And last but not least is Hilary Duff's latest Dignity.



While the electro pop sound is kinda dated, this album is still H-O-T! It's a total throwback to Rachel Steven's Come & Get It, which was a State Of Mind by Holly Valance throwback, which ultimately was what I dubbed years ago Neon Nights's little sister. So it all goes back to Dannii Minogue!

3 comments:

Sexbox said...

When I first bought Hilary's album I liked it but I wasn't overly impressed. That all changed within a few days. There isn't a bad song on the entire cd. I must have listend to "Play With Fire" a million times already. Who knew little Hilary could be so feisty?

bomitoni said...

i love it too...though there is one song i don't care for. i think it's towards the end. the name escapes me now.

musicbeing said...

The Marta album sounds prmising albeit very desperate on her part for having to adopt faggy dance pop at her age.

But I'm sure anything will be better than her boring pseudo soul crap she's been doing since the 90's.

I like Hilary's new CD alot too, but my favourite new pop CD is still J.lo...I mean Avril!! Avril!! Really! *looks around the room*