Wednesday, November 22, 2006
Volver opens in Chicago today...finally!!!!!. I am so excited to go see it, most importantly because it marks the return of my favorite Chica Almodóvar, Carmen Maura!
So it got me thinking...since I am such an Almodóvar fan, what are my top 5 Almodóvar films? Just off the top of my head:
1. Mujeres al borde de un ataque de nervios (Women On The Verge Of A Nervous Breakdown)
2. Pepi, Luci, Bom y otras chicas al montón (Pepi, Luci, Bom and Other Girls on the Heap)
3. La ley del deseo (Law of Desire)
4. La flor de mi secreto (The Flower Of My Secret)
5. Tacones lejanos (High Heels)
If you can't tell I tend to like his 80s films and early 90s. I almost feel like 5 is not enough? I wanted to include 'Kika', 'Atame', 'Entre tineblas' and so forth. I am really looking forward to tonight's showing, I hope he doesn't let me down.