Thursday, August 09, 2007

Mr. Mambo

I just got some sad news. Turns out a friend of mine passed away last month (I just found out today). Though we never met in person, we were pen pals and traded material of our favorite has-been divas (i.e. Tiffany, Martika, Stacey Q, etc.) over the years and spoke on the phone every now and then. I know he's had some personal issues of the last several years of his life, but I'd spoken to him on and off again for a long time now and he was usually in high spirits. I'd really come to appreciate his friendship over the years.

My heart sank when I heard the news. It's just sad. I don't know what else to say. Wherever you are Robert (aka Mr. Mambo) I just want to say thank you for being such a wonderful friend over the years. I'm sorry we never got to meet in person and go get smashed on margaritas like we always joked we would do one day.

So with that said I dedicate the following to him...I think he was the one person I knew who actually like Tiffany's "New Inside" album more than me :P

1 comment:

MatadorMexicano said...

aw, r.i.p. :(