Monday, August 27, 2007

Overdue

I got some sad news today. My sister's dog died this morning. She was 15. If you are not a pet owner that might not seem like a big deal to you, but for someone owns a pet or grew up w/ pets knows that they become a huge part of your life and are truly are one of the family. Though I hadn't seen Brandi in a while, she'll always hold a special place in my heart. My sister had another Shih Tzu before Brandi named Tiger, but he died when he was only 5. Needless to say we were heartbroken. A few years later her bf at the time got her a new puppy, and that new puppy was Brandi. Wow I was 15 when they got her. She was the sweetest little thing and would spend tons of time at our house as my sister would bring her over to keep my elderly grandfather company. The two of them would go for walks, take naps together (something my Grandfather would never do w/ Tiger), etc. They were best of buds. As you can image she was our little princess and was spoiled rotten!

As she got older she went blind in both eyes and like many dogs grew into her old age :( My Mom called me this morning to tell me the news. As you can imagine I am heartbroken. I spent the majority of the morning crying, as all I could do was think of my poor Brandi. So Chus your big cousin is in heaven now.

As an ode to my little niece...I leave you w/ some pics when she was a puppy as well as one of us when I was 15. I think she was trying to bite my bubble gum, hence why I am laughing. Check out the hair! And the braces!



I've got some other stuff to blog about, etc. but after today I am emotionally drained and really don't feel like writing anymore. I hope you're all well.

No comments: