Monday, May 02, 2005

Volver

I have been extremely swamped at work. Trying to get everything done before I leave. So I was not able to post at all this week.


Sunday was Chus's birthday :) He's 1!! My baby is 1!!! He still needs a proper celebration (like he really cares, he's fine just being w/ us...but I care) but we did take him to the dog park. It was fun. He was so cute trying to chase some of the bigger dogs. Here's a pic from the outing :)




I have to share some exciting news. Pedro Almodóvar has just announced that his next film we star none other than Carmen Maura!! Carmen is my favorite Chica Almodóvar and apparently she and Pedro had a falling out in the 80s and haven't worked together since Mujeres al borde de un ataque de nervios. The new film is called VOLVER and is in pre-production. To read more about the film (that also stars Penelope Cruz) you can read this article from Terra Spain. You know what the other great thing about this film is?? It also stars Chus Lampreave!! She's so cute!! Plus she's Chus's namsake.




Like I said work was driving me crazy and I'm kind of at a crossroads trying to figure out what my next career move is. Once I figure it out I will let you know.


So I've been having a lot of weird dreams lately. Over the past few weeks I had a dream that my friend at work died of a drug overdose, that some woman punched my mother in the nose (and I in turn beat her up), that my old childhood friend kept getting aroused everytime he was near me (????) and God knows what else! Is that werid??? What do all these dreams mean???


So tomorrow I leave for Durango. I have not even packed and I had a major scare this week. I couldn't find my passport! Technically you can get by w/ your birth certificate. But I have no idea where that is right now, and I would have had to have gone to Milwaukee to go get it! Luckily for me Rob remembered where I used to keep it and it was still there. Needless to say I am gonna miss him terribly. I hope the time goes by fast. I am gonna miss Chus too :( Wish I could write more, but I can't. So I leave you w/ a message featuring, imo, the most beautiful Mexican actress ever to grace the silver screen (and she's from...gasp...Durango!!!)...Dolores Del Rio:


2 comments:

The Real Astrompowers said...

Swee, corre a mi blog, anda, y ya ven a México para que nos casemos, besitos.
Astrompeta
enriquez_alex@hotmail.com (msn messenger)

Carolina said...

I can't wait for Volver. Carmen Maura was always at her best with Almodovar. I've seen her in other stuff and it's just not as impressive. Have a good trip!