Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Crash and Burn

As many of you know I have a cd buying problem (well depending on who you ask, it's not a problem). I usually tend to buy several cds at once and listen to maybe one or two religiously. Well that's the case w/ this next cd...

I am sure some of you might remember Swedish singer Robyn, aka US 2 hit wonder (Show Me Love and Do You Know (What It Takes)). Normally I would probably follow careers of these types of has beens, but quite honestly I never cared for Robyn's pseudo pop/r&b sound. I guess I just don't like [Swedish] wiggers. Maybe ten years from now I'll like JoJo. Tee hee.

But...I had read a bit about her recent album on the now defunct SayHey and most recently on fourfour where he posted a remix of Crash and Burn Girl.

Needless to say I loved it! I finally got around to purchasing a copy of it (used on amazon.com.)



Holy shit is this album hot! It's a fun mix of dance, r&b, electronica, new age, pop, etc. There's something really quirky about her that I can't enough of. In fact I can't stop listening to it! Especially Konichiwa Bitches, Who's That Girl, Bum Like You and of course the song that started it all...



So if you're looking something new might I recommend a little Robyn to liven up your day?

5 comments:

Sexbox said...

You don't have a cd buying problem! Whoever said that probably played outside too much as a kid! lol

bomitoni said...

said person says the same thing about u too! people need to see rob, u and i cd shopping together! lol...

back to robyn though, i think u'd like it alot.

musicbeing said...

People like that don't go looking for music...they wait for the radio/tv to tell them what to listen to. That is why WE go out of our ways to buy Cds..because we know what we want.

Lately though I've been buying viny..does that count? *bites finger*

musicbeing said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MatadorMexicano said...

ha! people say that about me here and im nowhere where you guys are! you are mi inspiration! ;)

and ill have to download, er buy, robins new cd