Tuesday, March 13, 2007

CTA Blues

Since moving to Chicago I've lived in at least 3 different areas that required me to use three different train lines. My first apartment was in Uptown and I took the red line. Ghetto as all hell...but it was reliable. While I absolutely loathe the south side of Chicago I must say the one thing I miss are my 15 minute commutes via the Orange Line. For the past 2 years or so I've been taking the blue line. It's always crowded, but it gets to where I need to go. For whatever reason the last few months the service on the blue line has been horrific in the AM. Today it took me an HOUR to get to work when it shouldn't take more than 25 minutes. WTF!!!

I have decided starting tomorrow I am going to take the bus to work. This is ridiculous! I for one am a fan of public transportation. Especially living in a large city like Chicago...so I like to take advantage of what my city has to offer. Hopefully my commute won't be as time consuming. I can deal w/ traffic, I can't deal w/ stalled trains.

No comments: