Sunday, March 04, 2007

Star

Yes I'm alive. I've just been über busy at work and haven't had much time to blog lately. Sorry to the few that actually read this :)

So what have I been doing? Not much really. We attempted to spend a weekend home in Milwaukee last weekend but w/ a pending snowstorm in both IL and WI we only spent one night there. We had a mini reunion w/ some of my cousins:



We went to some new Mexican place in Bay View named Maya Riviera. It was alright. It's nice that they are fixing that area up. When I lived there the only trendy neighborhood if you will was the East Side. Good for them I say. I ran into someone from grade school there which was odd because I met out a friend from grade school who's sister used to date my cousin later on for a drink. Ok that was a mouthful.

Anyhoo though our visit was short it was nice seeing everyone.



I am currently reading Star by Pamela Anderson. Yes the fake boobies Baywatch Pam Anderson. I know I like trashy books but this one is too funny, and not in an on-purpose sort of way. I almost done w/ it. It's about a girl from a small town in FL who ends up becoming an overnight sensation after appearing on the cover of MANN magazine. I'll let you fill in the rest. I guess I can't complain, it keeps me occupied on the train. Speaking of the train, don't get me started on the lackluster service the Blue Line has been having lately. That'll be another post. Back to books...I know I've asked before, but if anyone has any good suggestions on what to read let me know. I love fiction, and biographies if it's someone really trashy. LOL. The last two books I read before this one were Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld which was a great read on the life in boarding school.



I also just read this:



I love me some Janice Dickinson! Too bad she's no long on America's Next Top Model.

Speaking of can we talk about how excited I am that Cycle 8 has started???!! I have to say my favorite thus far is a girl who didn't make the final 12 (or is it 13) from Cycle 7...but she made it back for this one. Even though I think she's a total tranny, her walk is fierce and her picture was amazing! She looks a lot like Janice if I must say. Ladies & Gentlemen, Jaslene:



Knowing my track record, I've never predicted a winner. All the ones I like always end up being in the top 5 but that's as close as I've gotten. I must say I've been happy w/ the last few winners. Danielle and Cari Dee. Love them!

OKies I must head out. Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

musicbeing said...

I can't believe they immediately got rid of that Brooklyn girl on Top Model!! She had personality! She would have made the house so much more interesting.

Sexbox said...

I loved Jaslene! She's a trashy Nelly Furtado!

Sista M, I still can't believe how oftne you go to Moo Town after all of these years. I guess you must really like your cousins! lol

bomitoni said...

i hadn't been back since november! so i was overdue. and yes i love my cousins to death!