Now for what you've all been waiting for (amuse me people). It took me awhile but here is my Cute Boy List...it was supposed to be only 10 but it ended up being 15. Please appreciate my shallowness. In case you are just tuning in, these are CDs I have purchased over the years soley on the fact that I thought the singer (or in some cases group) was cute. Shame on me I know, but who else buys this crap but gay men?
15. Jeremy Jordan: Can we say early 90s? Normally I DO NOT like blond/blue eyes but there was something rather dreamy about Mr. Jordan that I could not resist. It didn't help that he was always half naked in his videos, magazine spreads, etc. I can still hear him singing It's the right kind of love...it's the right kind of love.... Ask me how many times I've actually listened to his CD?
14. Gerardo: Ricooooo...Suaveeeee.......so cheesy yet so hot! Even though he had those nasty extensions and wore the cheesy do-rag, he had my hormones raging way back when. I even bought a couple of his flop follow ups. I hear he's gone all holy roller on us now.
13. No Mercy: Attack of the 90s continues. I remember seeing the single for Where Do You Go? (which was done first by another 90s dance act, La Bouche) and thinking hotties!. Well actually only the singer. I always thought the other 2 (the twins) were too plastic looking for my tastes. I know they actually did some follow ups that were only released in Germany (I think Sista M proudly owns these). Where are they now? Apparently there is a still a mention of them on their old label Arista's site.
12. Edi Xol: Most of you know him as Eduardo from Extreme Makeover: Home Edition's landscaping guy, but in the early to mid 90s he was a B list soap star/singer in Mexico. His CD was pretty awful yet I still bought it. Hmmm...I wonder how much this would go for on ebay?
11. Kairo: This flesh baring Mexican boyband of the early 90s was one of my faves. Mainly their 1st two albums w/ the original line up. I remember seeing them on Siempre en domingo EVERY WEEK! En los espejos de un café...
10. Joey Lawrence: Whoa! I was so obsessed w/ Blossom and the fact that Joey Lawrence was so damn cute didn't help. So you know when he released his album I would buy it! Wo-oh-oh, there's nothing my love can't fix for you baby. Have you seen him lately? Apart from his Puerto Rican looking eyebrows, he is f*ckin hot!
9. Chayanne: This was the first Spanish language CD I ever bought! Wonder why? I could barely understand what he was saying but I understood what was going on under his wifebeater! LOL! Too bad he's been churning out the same crappy album ever since.
8. Yahir: A product of La Academia but who cares? He's such a cutie. I know he kinda looks like a frog, but I think that's what makes him so cute, his quirkiness...and have you seen the boy's ass and package! ¡Casi se me caen los calzones!
7. Jerry Rivera: Salsa music sucks. There I said it. But when studs like Jerry Rivera make crappy music, it's ok! Look at those arms for Christ's sake! His pop albums are pretty crappy too, but who cares!
6. Sarbel: My favorite new Greek hottie. Have no idea what he's saying nor had I heard any of his music upon buying his CD. He was just too hot to pass up! Shallow I know. But it was actually a good CD!
5. Alejandro Fernández: Grrr! Grrr! Is there anything else to say about him? He's voice is sexy as hell, and he's pretty easy on the eyes. Ok so that's an understatement. However gross this may sound, I've said if he were my cousin I would have already committed incest! LOL!
4. Jaime Camil: So he's cocky as hell, but who cares? He's just so damn gorgeous! His music sucks, but as long as he keeps putting out albums I'll keep buying them.
3. Bobby Pulido: OMG! OMG! Bobby Pulido is like a wet dream come true! Grrr! Who knew a Tejano could be so hot? Seriously folks. Absolutely loathe the genre he performs but I have to buy his CDs just to drool over the pics! ¡Viva Bobby!
2. Charlie Massó: The hottest man to EVER come out of Menudo. I think I need a moment to myself. My lord is he friggin' sexy or what???!!?? Check out the über gay 90s cover w/ his mesh see-through top! Classic!
1. Ari Borovoy. Poor poor Ari, I think only his grandmother and the 3 copies I bought (1 for me, 1 for boo boo, and 1 for Sista M) in Mexico this year are all he's sold. But God damn could a guy be so hot??!!! Who cares if he's 5 feet tall (ok not really sure how tall he is but I'm told he's rather on the short side), he has to be the sexiest male pop tart to ever come out of Mexico! Check out the video for his so bad it's good first single Booming. Now that I've listened to his CD a few times, it's actually not that bad. I especially loved the 2nd single Tú. For my Ari check out the link under things I love to left.