Friday, April 28, 2006

Gira que gira

So the apartment search continues. Last week I saw 7 places and not really any that I loved. I was kinda excited about the place down the block from us, but by the time I had gotten around to calling again it was already rented. They were like we have a beautiful garden apartment available. Eeew no. I don't do garden apartments. I think they are dirty, I think of mice, floods, etc. No. So tomorrow I am seeing 2 more places, 1 here in Logan Square and another in Lincoln Square. Sista M, Lincoln Square is north of us on the brown line, rather close to Ravenswood. It's really north I know, but it's such a cute neighborhood. Rob and I are open to both neighborhoods. I shall keep looking...the perfect place will come along.

With all this apartment searching, part of me feels like I should own something by now. My finances however do not permit it right now. Next time we move I hope it's into a place of our own :)

So I the other day my boo boo asked me if I knew what the hell was going on w/ former Mexican teeny bopper Lynda?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It's been a few years since her last album Polen. If you don't remember her, she was burst onto the Mexican pop scene in the mid 90s. I guess you could say she was the Christina to Fey's Britney. Her sound was euro pop/dance, and it's oh so fun! I never understood why the far less superior Fey was more popular. I mean Lynda was much prettier (Fey was and is a dog), her songs were just as catchy (actually a lot catchier if you ask me), she had a nice voice (then again Fey isn't known for her uh voice), oh and she was actually a teen (14 at the time of her debut), not in her 20s like Fey. Ha ha! Anyhoo turns out she's been working on a new album for awhile. After her going into a more pop/rock sound w/ her third and fourth albums, I hear she's doing a follow up in both English and Spanish. Well her husband is Carlos Lara, who also produced all of her albums, and who is responsible for producing RBD. Turns out Lynda has been doing background vocals for them (and probably singing too) and even wrote their current single No pares. It's nice to know she's at least making $$ during her time away.

Anyhoo the reason I even posted this was because today while I was searching on youtube I came across her first ever music video! I know some of you locas remember this one...



I love it so hard! The lyrics are über fresa, but I can't get enough of it! I swear someday I will do this song in drag w/ a mini backpack and all!

Quickly, I need to wish a happy belated birthday to Patty GOL! Ramirez! I love you pilas! Speaking of birthdays, Monday Chus turns 2! Peace out trout!

3 comments:

T-baggins said...

You really do find some gems. She has a touch of Blossom to her.

Sexbox said...

Lynda is FIERCE! How did I miss out on her????? I suppose her albums are uber hard to find now?

(I still think Fey is better :)+ )

Don't feel bad about not owning your own home yet. There really is so much pressure nowadays to buy something but if it isn;t the right time what can you do There is also a whole lot of other shit and responsibilites (and headaches) that come with owning. I probably won't be able to buy anything until I am in my mid-30's!

MatadorMexicano said...

hahaha, thats awesome! will look into her now!


and the pressure has been on formw to buy something since i was 20... but there is NO way i can afford it on 200 a week!