Tuesday, October 26, 2004

tues. already...

I've been busy so I have not been able to write 'til today. As you all saw I updated my post on Friday. I am still waiting to confirm when I have to go in and interview, either tomorrow (Wed.) or Thurs. Ideally would be Thurs. cause I have a half day as it is. It's nerve wracking waiting for this call. Ahh!! In the meantime I went out and got a snazzy new portfolio (under $100) for my interview. Rob thought it was too much money, I mean it is, but I think it will be worth it in the long run. If nothing comes out of this job, I will at least be prepared for future prospects. But I'm really hoping this goes well. So cross your fingers, pray, etc. Weekend update...


Friday: We stopped @ Hollywood Grill for dinner, went to Janet & Tina's for a bit for some pre-drinking and then it was off to Lola's. We had so much fun. The drag show was great and there was this new queen, who I had never seen before who was F I E R CE. She was working that crowd, dancing on tables, on the bar, her wig fell off and was just going nuts! I loved it. Makes me wanna perform again. Lol!


Saturday: Spent most of the day cleaning. We did go to the movies to see I Heart Huckabees. It was from the director of Flirting With Disaster (one of my favorite movies of all-time) and starred Jude Law, Mark Wahlberg (grrr), Jason Schwartzman, Lily Tomlin, Dustin Hoffman. I loved it. Very quirky, my type of movie. Unfortunately for the rest of the night I was at the laundrymat. My co-worker swore it was Daylight Savings this weekend, so I was like oh well i have an extra hour of sleep. So when I got home at 4am, I thought it was really 3am. NO! I was a zombi on Sunday...


Sunday: My friend Alex & his on-again/off-again girlfriend Mari came up for the day. We went out to lunch and just chilled. Rob went to go see Ana Gabriel w/ his Mom. So after Alex & Mari left I went over to Alethya's house. We had dinner, drank some wine and just caught up on life. I can't believe I hadn't seen her since May!!??!! Our friend Jennifer just got back fro Mexico City so we picked her up at the airport and then came back to Alethya's. Hence, the dinner & wine. I was exhausted and waited for Rob to get back ; which he finally did around 1am.


As I was writing this I FINALLY got a call from my contact (not FINALLY I was just being nervous) and I am going in tomorrow to interview at 11am. OMG! Everyone wish me luck. Before I forget Happy Birthday to my Dad and my cousin Chuy! I wanted to share this picture of my good friend Bertha's daughter Sara before I sign off. Isn't she the cutest thing? Peace out slags...


No comments: